Yum! This looks worth a try!
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (8 greens)
- 15 oz ground turkey cooked (3 leans)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh bell peppers (5 greens)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion (1 green)
- 2 cups chopped mushroom (4 greens)
- 2 cups chopped kale (4 greens)
- 1 cup sliced tomatoes for topping (2 greens)
- 3 eggs (1 lean)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti squash in the oven or microwave.
- Saute the onions, ground turkey, peppers until cooked and tender. Set aside
- Pull apart the insides of the spaghetti squash with a fork. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Pour into a 8×8 or 9×9 baking dish. Top with tomato slices.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. The dish is ready when the center is firm and set. Let cool for about 5 minutes and serve.
*NOTE: the picture shows cheese on the top. You can add cheese to finish out your lean if you would like. Just make sure it is low fat.
YEILDS: 8 servings
PER SERVING: 1/2 lean protein, 3 vegetables, 2/3 condiment*