Mid week crock pot meal There’s nothing better than throwing it all in & having a delicious meal 3 hours later!
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces Jennie-O sweet or hot Italian sausage http://www.jennieo.com/…/76-lean-sweet-italian-turkey-sausa… – many sausages do not fit the guidelines for the Lean and Green meal. This one is approved
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup no sugar added tomato sauce such as Hunt’s
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 Bell pepper
- 1 cup Green onion
- Place the all ingredients in the crockpot except green onion.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken directly in the crockpot to your desired texture.
- Top with the green onion
YIELDS: 4 servings
PER SERVING: 1 Lean protein, 3 vegetables, 3 condiments