This fish taco bowl looks delicious & beautiful- can’t wait to try it!!
- 2 ½ pounds (40 oz) Tilapia or other mild white fish (4 leanest)
- 2 tsp + 2 tsp olive oil (4 healthy fats)
- 2 tsp Szeged Fish Rub (or use other fish rub of your choice) (4 condiments)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (1/2 condiments)
- ½ tsp chile powder (1 condiment)
- 4 cup (9.84 oz) green cabbage, thinly sliced (8 greens)
- 1 ½ cups (7.38 oz) red cabbage, thinly sliced (6 greens)
- ½ cup (1.76 oz) thinly sliced green onion (1 green)
- 6 oz guacamole/avocado (4 health fats)
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt (2 condiments)
- 2 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lime juice (3 condiments)
- 2 tsp Green Tabasco Sauce (1 condiment)
- ¼ tsp salt (1 condiment)
- Thaw fish overnight in the refrigerator if frozen.
- Mix the fish rub, ground cumin, and chile powder in a small dish.
- When you’re ready to cook, pat fish dry with paper towels, then rub both sides with 2 tsp. of the olive oil followed by the fish rub mixture.
- Let the fish come to room temperature while you prep the other ingredients.
- Cut away the core of the cabbage and discard, the use a knife or a Mandoline Slicer to cut the cabbage into thin slices; we used the 3 cm blade for the mandolin (You can also use pre-sliced coleslaw mix if you don’t want to bother cutting the cabbage).
- Thinly slice the green onion.
- Whisk together the lime juice, Green Tabasco Sauce, and salt to make the dressing.
- Brush a stove-top grill pan or heavy frying pan with the other 2 tsp. olive oil and heat the pan about a minute at medium-high heat. Then add the fish and cook about 4 minutes on the first side. Turn gently and cook about 4 minutes more on the other side. (Actual cooking time will depend on how thick your pieces of fish are. Fish should feel barely firm to the touch when it’s done.)
- While the fish cooks, mix about half the green onions into the cabbage mixture and stir in enough dressing to barely moisten the cabbage.
- When the fish is done, let it cool slightly on a cutting board, then use two forks to shred the fish apart.
- Fill bowl with 1/4 of the cabbage mixture and top with desired amount of fish.
- Drizzle a little more dressing over the top.
- Serve right away, with guacamole if desired.
YIELDS: 4 servings
PER SERVING: 1 leanest, 3 green, 3 condiments, 2 healthy fats